If you are in a position where your child has been accused of molestation or sexual abuse in college or school, you must consider getting a Title IX lawyer quickly. Even if the charges put on your child are unjust, the process and laws involved are quite complex in nature, and therefore, an education lawyer who has an in-depth understanding of education laws can help you fight your child’s case. If the accusation is not disproven, the child may get suspended and his future ambition to get admitted to a college of his choice may become very difficult. A Title IX attorney is an expert who will ensure that your child gets a proper chance of hearing and that all his fundamental rights are protected during the trial period.
Benefits of getting in touch with an education lawyer for Title IX:
- Provide guidance: An education lawyer will help you prepare your case and also ensure that the rights of the accused are protected. Furthermore, he will even help you understand the laws of the school in such a scenario. The lawyer will even guide your child on how to respond to the questions that will be asked of him at various stages of the trial.
- Prepare the best defense: A Title IX attorney is well-informed about the evidence that he needs to gather, testimony that he needs to prepare, and cross-examination that needs to be done. This helps prepare a case where the chances of your child getting acquitted become high.
- Prepare the accused for questions: Your child may have to answer the questions that will be asked during the interviews and the disciplinary processes. The Title IX lawyer guides your child on how to answer these questions so that the innocence of the child is not doubted.
- Ensure that the school follows its policies regarding Title IX: Most schools have their policies regarding such situations but it is necessary that they adhere to the guidelines of Title IX so that both the accused and the complainant get a proper chance to represent themselves.
- Help you with the documentation process: The proceedings of such cases move very quickly and you might not get too much time to think. Hence, the education lawyer will help you document the whole process which will assist your child in preparing a written appeal wherever necessary.
A Title IX lawyer will ensure that you get proper time to present your case and also that all the procedures are followed properly as per the law.